Watabe Singapore Pte Ltd (“Watabe”)
Updated as at 8 Mar 2017
Overview and Scope
Your personal data privacy is important to us and Watabe Singapore Pte Ltd (“Watabe”) is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?
Watabe may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in forms on our website at https://etherealthelabel.com/ when giving feedback, asking queries and job applications, requests and submissions;
- If and when you contact Watabe, we may keep a record of that correspondence including the possible recording of any telephone calls you may make to us;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- If and when you respond to any of Watabe’s marketing promotions or research surveys;
- When you fill up job application forms to apply for a job at Watabe;
- If you enter into any contract with Watabe;
- If you participate in any event organised by Watabe and require Watabe’s assistance in organising of travel arrangement (e.g. booking of hotels).
Watabe may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- Date of Birth;
- Mailing addresses;
- Email addresses;
- Telephone numbers;
- ID/Passport numbers and copies;
- Educational and employment history and professional qualifications, including and testimonials and references;
- Medical, legal and bankruptcy history;
- Next of Kin information, if required;
- Photos and CCTV/videos;
- Bank account details and credit card details, in required; and
- Curricula Vitae, if required.
What purposes does Watabe Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
Watabe may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out Watabe’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To enable Watabe’s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, as selected by you, to fulfil obligations as stipulated in your contract with Watabe;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries (including payments for products and services by way of cheque, credit card payment or any other method);
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To administer and facilitate travel and hotel arrangements;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of Watabe’ services, programmes and events;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new services, projects, programmes and events;
- To improve Watabe’s customer service through your feedback;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- To send regular e-newsletters;
- For communications, marketing and publicity purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For recruitment and evaluation purposes if you apply for a job with Watabe, i.e. to determine job suitability;
- For security, surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
Consent for the collection and use of my Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, Watabe may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
Does Watabe disclose Personal Data to third parties?
Watabe may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act (Cap. 50).
On occasion, Watabe may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under “What purposes does Watabe Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?” You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on Watabe’s website.
Watabe will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
For how long does Watabe retain my Personal Data?
Watabe will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
When you visit any of Watabe’ websites, Watabe may collect or analyse anonymized information from which individual information will not be identified. The information collected may include the number of users and the amount of time they stay on our website, which countries they are from, and what mode of device they are currently using to view our website, as well as domain information that helps us to learn our client’s profile, the frequency of viewing. We use this information to improve our website’s content and navigation.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.
How does Watabe protect your Personal Data?
Watabe implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, Watabe cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from Watabe’ website
Access and Correction of Personal Data
Please contact us via DPO@watabe-wedding.com.sg should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and / or disclosure is requested.
Watabe reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.